Understanding the nuclear industry's quality codes and standards is an essential prerequisite but is also a potential obstacle to firms entering the market.
Not all parts of the new build programme will require adherence to the highly demanding codes that will apply to the nuclear island, but all will require alignment with the nuclear culture of safety and quality and through a comprehensive quality management regime.
The NIA, with the assistance of Doosan Babcock, Lloyd's Register, government departments and regulators, and major nuclear companies, has engaged in a two-stage work programme to help companies understand the requirements of nuclear new build. As Stage 1, SC@nuclear has published The Essential Guide to Nuclear Supply Chain.
- Why Quality Arrangements are important
- Application of Quality Arrangements
- Process for Control of Work on Nuclear New Build Projects
- Project Execution Plan
- Project Quality Assurance Plan
- Design/Engineering Plan
- Manufacturing & Test Quality Plan
- Manufacturing Documentation & Method Statements